Start a new topic
Solved

Power supply for iFocus M

Good afternoon. 

I have problems turning on iFocus M. I use a USB-C -jack 3.5 cable to connect power from UART1. In the menu, I turned on the power on the UART1 port. Once a blue light bulb lit up on iFocus M and pairing with iFocusHandle occurred. 

After the next turn on, the light bulb does not light and, accordingly, the motor is not controlled. I checked with a multimeter, there is something about 8 volts on the last two contacts of jack 3.5, and the gear itself on the focus M resists rotation when the power is connected, if the power is turned off or off the port, it rotates freely. What's wrong? has anyone met with something like this?

1 person has this problem

I have the same problem as you, updated soft, but it didn`t help. Wrote to support

1 person likes this
It helped me:

Please follow up below tutorial to connecting ifocus-m to handunit:
1. open UART1 port in stabilizer, - enter settings menu, go down to advanced tab> UART1> open.
2. connect the ifocus-m to the UART1 port under the stabilizer arm
3. turn the stabilizer OFF
4. turn-on the handunit and go to wireless> pair setting
5. hold the joystick to the right as if you want to turn on the pairing BUT DO NOT let go
6. turn-on the stabilizer and when "MOZA" appears release the button on the handunit, and it's works.

Does the blue light light up when you connect the power to the iFocus-M?

oH!  Thanks) I read carefully that it was necessary to hold the button and not release it)

it helped, but not for a long time, the focus drive is immediately lost, does not calibrate the motor, indicates that the focus is not paired.

Yes, the connection is lost after the power is turned off. Very uncomfortable. And it doesn 't work out the first time

Login or Signup to post a comment